Best Roland Digital Pianos Reviews: From affordable portable pianos to luxurious digital grand pianos. Roland’s piano offers you a wide range.
Roland F 120 Review
Find Roland F 120 Review below. Roland F-120is a SuperNATURAL Piano in a modern Cabinet.
F-120 is stylish and an ideal choice for piano enthusiasts who are looking for authentic sound and touch in a space-saving, a contemporary cabinet, and at an affordable price.
Roland F120 makes use of the Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano engine, providing the ultimate piano sound and response. Its minimalist aesthetic design will blend into any home interior.
In this Roland F-120 review, we are going to look at its features as well as other specs of the instrument
SuperNATURAL Piano engine
F120 brings a new level of authentic sound and natural performance with its SuperNATURAL Piano engine. It aids in analyzing the complex and ever-changing characteristics of concert grand pianos. It captures and reproduces the tonal variations based on the velocity of each keystroke.
With Supernatural, 3 key elements are noticeably enhanced: note decay, velocity response, and key-range behavior.
Slim Cabinet Design
Roland F-120 digital piano is a slim, stylish, compact piano. It can fit anywhere within your room. It comes with a unique folding-lid design which covers the keyboard. It also serves as a music rest when it is raised.
F120 is available in 2 stunning finishes: Satin White and Black
Ivory Feel-G Keyboard
The keyboard is fitted with an Ivory Feel-G keyboard which features Progressive Hammer Action. The F120 gives you an expression and performance that rivals that of high end pianos by combining the newest sensor technologies and Super NATURAL Piano sound engine.
F120 Roland piano is more than a great, it is equipped with amazing features that will enhance your skills. For instance, Twin-Piano is designed for you to have side-by-side lessons or performances with a duet partner or a teacher. The twin piano feature enables the keyboard to be split into two sections, each covering the same octaves. You can easily hear what the teacher is hearing teaching and replicate the practice.
Also the left and right pedals can be reassigned to act as damper pedals for either side of the split keyboard. It also has a built-in metronome and recorder.
More about Roland F120
- SuperNATURAL Piano engine onboard
- Compact, lightweight and stylish cabinet
- Ivory Feel-G keyboard for true piano feel and touch
- The Metronome, a recorder, and Twin Piano features
- Dedicated front-panel buttons for piano practice, performance, and lessons
- Low power consumption and Auto Off function
- Two classy finishes: Satin Black and White
Roland F 120 Specs
- 88 keys (Ivory Feel-G keyboard)
- 5 levels, Fixed Touch
- Whole, Twin Piano
- SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
- 128 voices
- 30 tones
- Always On
- 3 Hz to 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- Reverb (Off, 1 to 10)
- Brilliance (-10 to 0 to +10)
Only for Piano Tones:
- String Resonance (Always On)
- Damper Resonance (Always On)
- Key Off Resonance (Always On)
- 1 track
- Recorder Section: 1 song
- Internal Memory: Max. 10 songs
- 30,000 notes
- Song Select
- Track Mute
- All Song Play
- Quarter note = 10 to 500
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- Beat: 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- 10 songs
- 189 songs
Rated Power Output
- 12 W x 2
- [8 cm x 12 cm] x 2
- Panel Lock
- MIDI Visual Control
- DC In jack
- Pedal connector
- Input jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Output jacks (L/Mono, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI connectors (In, Out)
- Headphone jack x 2: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- 12 W (4 W to 24 W)
- Owner’s Manual
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cord (for connecting AC Adaptor)
- Headphone Hook
Size and Weight (With lid closed, stabilizers mounted)
- 1,361 mm
- 53-5/8 inches
- 345 mm
- 13-5/8 inches
- 778 mm
- 30-11/16 inches
- 34 kg
- 75 lbs.
Roland RD-300NX Review
RD300NX is a lightweight and affordable digital piano. It is very popular and similar to Roland’s RD-700NX.
The RD 300nx is a state-of-the-art stage piano that boasts an advanced SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, E. Piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology, newly developed Ivory Feel-G keyboard with Escapement, unique Sound Focus feature and more.
This digital piano is popular with those using it for practice as well as stage performances. It contains almost all the features you would find in expensive pianos, making it an outstanding piano to consider buying.
Let’s jump into Roland-300NX review.
RD-300NX produces an acoustic piano sounds which are derived from Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine.
The SuperNATURAL Piano technology improves the note decay, velocity response, as well as the key-range behavior.
Apart from the good acoustic piano tone, RD-300NX comes with over 100 other tones to select. In terms of quality, this keyboard is a plus.
It is also capable of 128 notes of polyphony, best for playing highly complicated pieces
Ivory Feel-G Keyboard
The keyboard incorporates most of Roland’s sensor, Ivory Feel features as well as escapement mechanism. This keyboard provides the superior touch and sensitivity of Roland’s flagship keyboards. It comes light weight with a compact design.
More about RD 300NX
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine
- Innovative Sound Focus feature
- New E. Piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology
- Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement
- Hundreds of high-quality built-in sounds
- Intuitive U/I: new One Touch Piano feature and graphic LCD
- Sustain pedal sold separately
Roland RD-300NX specifications
Keyboard: 88 keys (Ivory Feel-G keyboard)
Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
Parts: Live Set (3 layers) + 16 parts
Sound Generator: SuperNATURAL Piano, SuperNATURAL (E.Piano), PCM Sound Generator, GM2 (for SMF Playback)
Tones: 939 (includes GM2 tones and 23 rhythm kits)
- Preset: 200
- User: 60
- Multi-Effects: 78 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- 3-band Compressor
- 3-band Digital Equalizer
- Sound Focus
SMF/Audio File Player
- Standard MIDI File: format-0/1
- Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
Rhythm Patterns: 200 patterns
- LAYER LEVEL slider x 3
- EQUALIZER knobs
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- S1/S2 Buttons (Assignable)
Display: 128 x 64 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- DAMPER PEDAL jack
- CONTROL PEDAL jack (FC1, FC2)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB connectors (MIDI, MEMORY)
- PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
Power Consumption: 11 W
Size and Weight
- 1,438 mm
- 56-5/8 inches
- 337 mm
- 13-5/16 inches
- 141 mm
- 5-9/16 inches
Weight: 17.5 kg / 38 lbs. 10 oz.
- Touch sensitive keys
- Good audio
- Responsive / good action
- Easy to use