Looking for Connecticut Knife Laws? In this article we are going to look at Knife laws in Connecticut. We have tried our best to simplify the Connecticut knife law as well as provide you with the actual facts.
Facts about Connecticut Knife Law
The Connecticut knife laws are just awesome. It does not have any particular knife that is illegal. Its limitations are only carrying the knives around.
Knives Are Legal to Own in Connecticut State:
- It is legal to own automatic knives, balisongs, switchblades and gravity knives
- It is Legal to own stilettos, dirks, push knives and daggers
- It is legal to own cane knives, lipstick knives and boot knives
- It is legal to own bowie knives as well as other large knives
- The good thing its legal to own and have any knife in your home
It’s Illegal to carry some Knifes:
- It’s illegal to carry blades which are longer than 4 inches
- It’s illegal to carry switchblades over 1.5 inches
- It’s illegal to carry automatic knives over 1.5 inches
- It’s illegal to carry stilettos
Details on Carrying Knives in Connecticut
Sec. 53-206. Carrying of dangerous weapons prohibited.
(a) Any person who carries upon his or her person […] any dirk knife, or any switch knife, or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which a blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches in length, or stiletto, or any knife the edged portion of the blade of which is four inches or more in length…
Conclusion on Connecticut Knife Law
In Connecticut you can own any knife you want. The thing you need to watch out is the type of knife you carry or the length of the knife. You cannot carry Stilettos and automatic knives which are longer than 1.5 inches. Although you can carry any other knife which is less than four inches.
It you are a hunter, Fisherman or trapper you can carry any knife you like as long as it is used for hunting, trapping or hunting.
If you are looking forward to carry a knife, kindly consult a lawyer on Connecticut knife laws. If caught with a knife you can face a huge penalty of face upto 3 – 5 years in Jail