Discover Roland RD-300NX. On this page we will look at Roland RD-300NX review where we will look at its features and specs.
RD300NX is a lightweight and affordable digital piano. It is very popular and similar to Roland’s RD-700NX.
The RD 300nx is a state-of-the-art stage piano that boasts an advanced SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, E. Piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology, newly developed Ivory Feel-G keyboard with Escapement, unique Sound Focus feature and more.
This digital piano is popular with those using it for practice as well as stage performances. It contains almost all the features you would find in expensive pianos, making it an outstanding piano to consider buying.
Roland RD-300NX Review
Let’s jump into Roland-300NX review.
RD-300NX produces an acoustic piano sounds which are derived from Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine.
The SuperNATURAL Piano technology improves the note decay, velocity response, as well as the key-range behavior.
Apart from the good acoustic piano tone, RD-300NX comes with over 100 other tones to select. In terms of quality, this keyboard is a plus.
It is also capable of 128 notes of polyphony, best for playing highly complicated pieces
Ivory Feel-G Keyboard
The keyboard incorporates most of Roland’s sensor, Ivory Feel features as well as escapement mechanism. This keyboard provides the superior touch and sensitivity of Roland’s flagship keyboards. It comes light weight with a compact design.
More about RD 300NX
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine
- Innovative Sound Focus feature
- New E. Piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology
- Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement
- Hundreds of high quality built-in sounds
- Intuitive U/I: new One Touch Piano feature and graphic LCD
- Sustain pedal sold separately
Roland RD-300NX specifications
Keyboard: 88 keys (Ivory Feel-G keyboard)
Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
Parts: Live Set (3 layers) + 16 parts
Sound Generator: SuperNATURAL Piano, SuperNATURAL (E.Piano), PCM Sound Generator, GM2 (for SMF Playback)
Tones: 939 (includes GM2 tones and 23 rhythm kits)
- Preset: 200
- User: 60
- Multi-Effects: 78 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- 3-band Compressor
- 3-band Digital Equalizer
- Sound Focus
SMF/Audio File Player
- Standard MIDI File: format-0/1
- Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
Rhythm Patterns: 200 patterns
- LAYER LEVEL slider x 3
- EQUALIZER knobs
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- S1/S2 Buttons (Assignable)
Display: 128 x 64 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- DAMPER PEDAL jack
- CONTROL PEDAL jack (FC1, FC2)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB connectors (MIDI, MEMORY)
- PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
Power Consumption: 11 W
Size and Weight
- 1,438 mm
- 56-5/8 inches
- 337 mm
- 13-5/16 inches
- 141 mm
- 5-9/16 inches
Weight: 17.5 kg / 38 lbs. 10 oz.
- Touch sensitive keys
- Good audio
- Responsive / good action
- Easy to use